The Wellbeing Programme consists of ten students taking part in a twelve week programme that combines an educational approach with the influence of some cognitive behavioural therapies. Our aim is to intervene early and prevent future mental health issues in the group, and create stronger family relations as well as stronger communities.
We create a Safe Space environment, independent of school where the young people have an opportunity to grow in confidence and share their ideas.
- Pre and post-test questionnaires to allow us to measure improvements in mental health and self-esteem;
- Self-determination phase, the young people choose the topics they would like to cover in the programme;
- Cultural outing, the young people choose an activity to put their newly acquired skills and self-belief into practice;
- Creative phase, we include an element where we encourage the young people to use their new found confidence to go into a new environment and put their skills in to practice
- Reflection where the young people evaluate the programme and present what they have learnt. This can be through art, posters, a film, a podcast - they can choose!
The programme organised and delivered by BSB has been fantastic. The young people have really enjoyed participating in the sessions and have been able to be completely open, within a supportive environment. We highly recommend the Wellbeing programme.”
- Mr A Bourne, North Durham Academy
I've been so impressed with the girls who have been involved in the programme. They eagerly anticipate each session. I have seen a marked improvement in the confidence of some of the really quiet girls who are now engaging in conversations with myself around school without the embarrassment they showed before. They have continued to be good friends after the London trip and appear to be much happier in themselves.”
- Mr S Forster, Norham High School
We use a combination of Academic and Observation assessments to determine how the young people have progressed. The young people produce something creative that demonstrates what they have learnt about themselves. We also produce an Impact Report for schools.
If you would like us to deliver a programme in your school, please get in touch and we will devise a programme just for your students!
The Building Self Belief programme has been a massive success for the lads in Haughton, it has allowed us to bring together a group that wouldn't normally associate with each other and taught them the importance of being kind to one another, on top of that you can see a real improvement in some of their attitudes towards school and learning. It has given some of the lads who needed it the ability to work out some goals and how to achieve them. The experiences that the students have taken away from the programme will stay with them for life and will help them be better people moving forward.Some of the parents have spoken about an improved attitude at home from some of the students and some other parents have spoken about how their child seems a lot less anxious in school due to new positive relationships with peers after the group.”
- Mr M Myrie, Haughton Academy